Thursday, March 14, 2019

What will later be my About page

As the title implies, this first post will at some point be revised to the point where it can be a permanent fixture on the website. Let me start off with some background. First, this is not my first "blog" and/or website, but I can definitely say I am still a beginner in the world of web publishing (I mean I am writing this on google blogger). I had a movie review blog back in 2007 through 2013 or so; although I think I lost my passion for it after a couple years. I loved movies and although I still do, I don't much care for writing about movies. I always wanted to make movies, but never took the steps necessary to really push into that profession. I instead took my general business degree and landed in a general business job. I always figured I would be in my first "real" job for a couple years and move on and up in life, but somehow, I am still in the same job 12 years later. I have already worked here for a third of my life. I should be happy to have had a steady job that has supported my family and I am, but something is still missing. The passion about the work I am doing is not what I had hoped and the promise of a comfortable retirement (even a possible retirement really) has seemed less and less likely. So, what does that have to do with this site, The Lifer, you ask? Well, this site is a place for me to find my passion in my work and find ways to make more money and have more time with my family and friends. I am on the search for ideas about how to accomplish this and will use this site as a place to document the successes and failures hopefully along the way to a worry free (I would mind early) retirement. For now, this is mostly just a place for me to keep track of this journey, but I truly hope that it will prove useful or encouraging to others as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passive Income Ideas

Today I will briefly go through some ideas I am implementing for passive income. I have already started doing these things and will be doing...